Data Camp for Head Start Professionals
A unique two-day professional development opportunity for program directors and data managers, focusing on the many changes to Head Start/Early Head Start with regards to data and continuous quality improvement. Participants leave with a clear idea of what it means to actually apply these concepts, as well as a working draft of specific next steps and projects to take back to their agency.
Data Camp is provided through State Associations, Regionally, or through other organized groups of grantees – not on an individual grantee basis. It is designed for teams of two, preferably the program director and the data manager, who will work collaboratively with other agency teams to develop new skills and build their data literacy and implementation skills.
Participants in Data Camp will be able to:
- Fluently describe and understand the new Head Start Program Performance Standards, Focus Area Two Monitoring Protocol, New Grant Application Requirements, Goals and Objectives, Implementation Timelines, Continuous Quality Improvement, and Evidence-Based Outcomes.
- Identify Data Quality and Accuracy issues with your program’s data, and how to build systems and a culture of quality assurance in your organization from the ground up.
- Teach and support your administrative team to “map” their existing tasks and processes, identify pain points, and develop continuous quality improvement plans that align with your goals and objectives, self-assessment, and prepare your agency for the federal review.
- Visualize data to engage your staff and leadership, and move past “canned reports” from your existing data system.
- Develop short and long term continuous quality improvement road maps that provide transparency, accountability, and clarity for all staff in each program area.
- Identify opportunities to partner with external professionals using NHSA’s Developing Data Capacity Tool Kit.
- Connect and network with other Head Start professionals in your region to support each other with this work.
Attendees will also have the chance to explore their own data within the context of their program, which allows them to begin the actual process of continuous quality improvement while in attendance at Data Camp.
And, believe it or not, Data Camp is FUN! We will be meeting new people and enjoying fun exercises that teach as well as entertain, while celebrating the opportunity to tell the story of Head Start/Early Head Start using powerful new methods to many different stakeholders.
Currently, Acorn is offering Data Camp for Head Start Professionals in partnership with Head Start California. Dates for 2020 are April 8-9 in Sacramento, and September 10-11 in Pasadena. Click here to learn more and/or register!