Virtual Data Camp for Head Start Professionals
Offered in partnership with Head Start California and the Arizona Head Start Association
Offered Thursday and Friday from 9AM-12PM Pacific Time * via Zoom
December 7-8, 2023
Registration will open this summer! Get notified here!
As a data professional at a Head Start program in between the fall data rush (all the stuff you do between pre-service and November) and the new year (January 2024), take a moment from your daily responsibilities and join us for two valuable half-days as we:
- introduce valuable strategies to get your leadership team and line staff recharged and re-energized around "all things data", now, and for next year!
- provide strategies to strengthen your program's overall readiness for an upcoming FA1 and/or FA2 federal review - we want you to ace it and feel confident and comfortable!
- help you improve your pre-service training for the next program year - your staff deserve new, engaging activities when it comes to understanding the importance of data
- ensure you are fluent and comfortable with expectations of your program regarding data-driven continuous quality improvement - you won't miss a thing!
This is a unique, engaging, and fast-paced professional development opportunity. Participants will leave with an individualized action plan of clear next steps of how to apply what they have learned immediately back at their agency.
Hundreds of other Head Start professionals have already completed this training and are making successful changes back at their programs!
Data Camp is a terrific way to quickly "skill up" around all things data!
- Two days, 3 hours per day
- Open to all managers, directors and supervisory staff at your program
- Fast-moving and fun
- Partner-based and group-based
- Grounded in real-life examples from Head Start programs successfully implementing CQI and who receive exemplary reviews
- Filled with useable, easy to understand resources to take with you.
Virtual Data Camp opens for registration this summer!
Dates are December 7-8, 2023
Virtual Data Camp is held Thursday and Friday from 9AM to 12PM each day Pacific Time
Once registration opens, spaces are limited and enrollment is available on a first come first served basis.
Make sure you don't miss out! Click here and we'll email you when registration opens.
Why Attend Data Camp?
The children and families we serve deserve our very best. And, Continuous Quality Improvement and data-driven decision making are federal mandates.
How many Head Start professionals have received real training on those subjects?
There is a gap between what is needed in the field and what is available for professional development. Too many ‘Data’ trainings still leave you with no idea of what it looks like in real, day-to-day life.
That’s why we created Virtual Data Camp. For people like you to work collaboratively with other Head Start professionals to develop new skills and build their data literacy and implementation skills. We promise to make things simple and engaging for you and give you practical strategies you can apply immediately.
Our team KNOWS that you and your team are managing significant challenges right now - under-enrollment, staffing issues, COVID, and, well, just running a regular HS/EHS program. We're here for you. This will be worth your time!
And believe it or not, Data Camp is FUN! We will be meeting new people and participating in exercises that teach as well as entertain, while celebrating the opportunity to tell the story of Head Start/Early Head Start using powerful new methods to many different stakeholders.
We also work in partnership with state and regional associations nationwide. If you are the director or stakeholder in a state or regional association and would like to discuss bringing this training to your area just like Head Start California and the Arizona Head Start Association do, click below to learn more!
What Our Participants Say
“Informative and relevant to our daily work. Interactive in a fun and collaborative way.”
“Because of the delivery, I feel I gained more than other data trainings. It allowed me time to think about what our program is currently doing i.e. take stock in what we are doing and see what we are doing well and what we can improve on.”
“First Zoom training I was 100% focused and engaged.”