Are you passionate about data? Ready for your next challenge? Come work with us! Available positions are listed below.
Date Posted: February 1, 2019
Founded in 2013, Acorn Evaluation, Inc. partners with Early Head Start/Head Start (EHS/HS) grantees across the country to provide management consulting, training, and data analytics. We work together with EHS/HS senior leadership teams to ensure that programs are actively engaged in data-driven continuous quality improvement projects, thus supporting successful outcomes for children and families.
If you believe you have the work ethic, dedication, and professionalism to join our team, please apply by submitting resume, cover letter, and written responses to Application Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Project Coordinator is responsible for the direction, oversight, and implementation of continuous quality improvement projects with EHS/HS grantees. Project Coordinators are the “face” of Acorn Evaluation and are responsible for effective engagement and ongoing communication with grantees. Position requires travel and a flexible work schedule. The majority of the work is completed via electronic communication including phone calls, emails, and teleconferences.
- Work collaboratively with partners to develop and implement detailed project plans which define activities, timelines, and deliverables
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, provide program management consulting to Senior Leadership Teams, including EHS/HS Director and Content Area Experts
- Monitor and report on project progress, including management of timelines and deliverables
- Develop and implement training and professional development curriculums
- Work collaboratively with the Product Development Team and Research and Analytics Team
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience in Early Head Start/Head Start, preferably as a senior-level manager or administrator
- Experience in EHS/HS program operations, including baseline/renewal grant application, self-assessment, and community needs assessment
- Comprehensive knowledge of all EHS/HS content areas, including early childhood education, family and community engagement, health/nutrition, mental health, disabilities, and ERSEA
- Familiarity with current Office of Head Start requirements, including Head Start Program Performance Standards and Head Start Act
- Understanding of Office of Head Start monitoring and reporting procedures, including Monitoring Protocols
- Working knowledge of widely-used child and family assessment tools
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and training
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis and ability to utilize data to inform decision-making
- Proficient in software tools such as Microsoft Word Suite, Child Plus, My Head Start, DRDP Online
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Highly organized and able to adapt to a rapidly-changing work environment
- Tolerant of stress, uncertainty, and ambiguity
Please provide typed responses to questions.
- What personal and professional characteristics make you an excellent fit for this position?
- Describe a time that you used data to inform your decision-making.
- Describe your ideal employment situation. What type of environment do you work best in? What type of environment is most challenging for you to work in?
Acorn Evaluation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all persons without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.