Creating Positive Change
We help organizations manage their data, and use it as a tool for growth and improvement.
Neighborhood House Association
Management consulting and data analysis for the purpose of establishing an evidence-based high quality Head Start program
Projects include partnering with key stakeholders to:
- Identify at-risk children and families from fall data related to demographics, child assessment scores, developmental screening data, and family assessment data
- Design and produce School Readiness Goals data visualization for teacher training, curriculum fidelity investigation, and federal audit preparation
- Revise and implement a powerful Family Strengths and Needs Assessment
- Create time series visualizations of DRDP 2015 data for use by teachers, administrators and other stakeholders
In this example chart, the distribution of NHA Head Start preschool children across 7 domains of the newly released DRDP 2015 assessment tool are displayed, as a baseline for understanding developmental clustering in the fall for 3 and 4 year olds. Chart users can explore the distribution of data in each domain by toggling on and off the chart labels at the bottom.
San Diego County Office of Education
Data visualizations and consulting supporting the implementation and coordination of the First 5 San Diego Quality Preschool Initiative
Projects include helping 40+ educational agencies in San Diego with:
- Exploring the relationships between program variables such as attendance, child outcomes, teacher quality, and professional development investments.
- Providing technical support and data-management training to new agencies
- Tracking the real-time completion of developmental screenings, professional development activities and assessments.
- Conducting professional learning communities on the subject of data science, analysis and data-driven decision making
In this example visualization, we mapped the preschool providers who are taking part in the First 5 San Diego Quality Preschool Initiative. This chart is interactive so that you can toggle the different provider types on and off, change the background map design, zoom in/out, and click on a circle to see the name of the provider. Each circle represents the location of the individual providers main office, while the size of the circle is determined by the number of preschool sessions they provide, and the color of the circle is the primary preschool provider type. Notice the expanse of providers across San Diego, as well as how both large and small agencies are doing their part to increase the quality of local early childhood education.
Western Association of Independent Camps
Consulting and reporting services for 50 private resident and day camps utilizing individual annual camp data for association reporting
Projects include working with a committee and individual stakeholders to:
- Revise and assist in implementing a data template for easier use by camp administrators
- Presenting report and engaging stakeholders in creating a “data culture” within the organization
- Design a 100% digital annual report in multiple outcomes areas including enrollment, staffing and costs of doing business
- Identifying areas for future data collection and analysis that will be of maximum benefit to the entire association
In this example chart, the annual registration trends from fall through spring by month for two distinct cohorts – day camps and resident camps – is visualized in one elegant chart. Mouse over the visualized data to display source figures. Toggle on and off chart labels at the bottom to choose what is displayed.
We work with our clients to collect accurate data, analyze it correctly, and collaborate with administrators and program staff to help create a positive data culture and implement true data-driven decision making processes within an organization. Learn what we can do for you!